Sunday, June 25, 2006

La Dolorosa





Hey gang...sorry I've been quiet the past couple of weeks. I had a really good excuse though! Finishing this painting! It's been a looooong time since I've painted something in my "old school" style, but I really loved how it turned out. I used to say to myself, "When things get rough in life, that's when my best paintings would come out." Well here's the fruit of one those times! I also included the sketch I worked off of as well as the detail of the face (which took FOREVER to do. I think about at least 10-12 hours of work alone, including screw ups). The photo doesn't really do it justice because it totally obliterated a lot of the subtle, transparent overlays. Sooo...if you want to see it in person, you can check it out at the following exhibit: Tigers & Jaguars: LA's Asian-Latino Art Phenomenon .

14 comments:

pezzetti said...

Jerry, that's the bee's knees. Rusty? Damn, that's better than ever!


Makes me jealous as hell.

Marmax said...

Beautiful work! I'd love to see it in person.

Dee said...

This is awesome jerry!
Very mysterious and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Holy mackerel, Jerry...you're a genius! You did it again... How'd you manage to hide ANOTHER penis in your artwork?

my lollipops are sweeter said...

dang jerry, you totally don't fuck around. that shit is dope, biatch! im paying 5$ to see it in person. i wonder if i'll get a discount since im both hispanic AND asian. dude, i should be like queen of that museum. anyway, it's fucking beautiful!!!

pamcakes said...

bomb diggity.

Unknown said...

Oh wow Jerry!
that really is an amazing peice!
:)mm

justinpatrickparpan said...

I'm really digging your style man!

Unknown said...

awesome illos!

Tony C said...

dude, great to see your back at the canvas. Your colors are looking beautiful.

Dee said...

OKAY, I have to say, it's even more stunning in person! ;)

Warren Lee said...

You rock! I saw the painting in person at Nickelodeon.

Tanja said...

just amazing artwork!

song of the selkie said...

i just sat and stared at this at deviant... i had just written a poem about something in my life that has kept me from painting for eight years and your pain -ting says it all...

i think you are indeed a jesus of sorts, thank you so much for creating and posting this beautiful and astonishing artwork!!! i hope you don't mind but i blogged it at myspace, let me know if i need to take it down, i will do so immediately:

diario en la fuente púrpura